Kokkinisto Me Araka Beef Casserole Gravy With PeasFrom hungerhealer 4 years ago
- 800 gr beef chuck or topside , rinced and cut to 3cm cubes shopping list
- 1 kg fresh peas ( when removed from shell ) or frozen ( pity !! ) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 medium onions , peeled , rinced shopping list
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 handful of fresh dill . This ingredient characterises this dish ! shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes , ripe but firm , rinced shopping list
- 1 tsp sweet paprika shopping list
- salt pepper to your taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika ( optional , not original ) shopping list
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place oil and the bay leaf in a sauce pan , heat and sautee the onions that you have finely chopped or blendered , being careful not to brown them .
- Add the meat , a bit of the meat's fat and the bones .
- Sautee the meet until all its juices have evaporated .
- Blend or finely chop the tomatoes , parsley and dill and toss them in the pan .
- Stir until boiling and add 2 mugs of hot water and add salt and pepper .
- Lower your temp an simmer for 60 min , checking and stirring occasionly .
- Add peas and paprika and slowly simmer until peas are done and ALL water has evaporated , leaving only oil at the bottom of your sauce pan .
- Kali orexi ( bon appetite ) !!
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookhungerhealer Athens, GR
The Rating7 people
I love dill anything, this looks delicious. 5 forks!ozsmom in Nepean loved it
Sounds very tasty! Thank you for sharing the recipe.californiacook in loved it
Wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it