Carnation Milks 1920 Scalloped PotatoesFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 2 pounds (about 6 medium) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 tblsp butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 tblsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11x7 inch baking dish. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium high heat 3 to 4 minutes; drain. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and water. Cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Arrange potatoes in the prepared baking dish; pour milk mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is light golden brown.
- Note: For a modern twist, add a mixture of chopped ham, red bell peppers and diced green chilies to the potatoes prior to baking them
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating4 people
old recipe this is good luv scalloped potatoesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is really an old one... our family used to make it. Now we will again! We switched out the cheeses often too..
Great post, I love the old ones. High 5linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Wonderful 5 fork recipe Cuz and thank you for sharing.lor in Toronto loved it