Carne Asada TacosFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 lb boneless beef top sirloin,cut in thin bite-size slices shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1` tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- crushed red pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 limes shopping list
- 1 (28 oz.)can tomatillos shopping list
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers,seeded shopping list
- 4 Tbs canola oil,divided shopping list
- 1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth shopping list
- 12 (6") corn tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 large onion,chopped shopping list
- 2 tomatoes,chopped shopping list
- 1 avocado,peeled,pitted and sliced shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro,chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place sliced meat into shallow bowl and season with salt,black pepper and crushed red pepper. Squeeze lime juice(from 1 lime) over the meat and turn till evenly coated. Cover,refrigerate 30 mins.
- In blender,combine tomatill and jalapen. Puree 15 to 20 seconds,or till thick. Heat 1 Tb oil in larfe skillet over med-high heat. Carefully pour in tomatillo mixture. Cook,stirring frequently for 5 mins. Stir in beef broth. Reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 mins or till mixture coats a spoon. Transfer mixture to serving dish.
- Heat Tbs oil in large skillet over high heat. Stir in 1/3 beef and saute 1 mon. Transfer to serving dish. Repeat with remaining beef. Meanwhile,heat tortillas in oven or microwave.
- To serve,place 2 Tortillas on top of each other. Add desired amt. of meat,spoon over some tomatillo mixture.Top with onions.tomatoes,avocado and cilantro. Garnish with a wedge of lime,to be squeezed over taco before eating.
- Note: Sometimes in stead of making tomatillo mixture,I use a 16 oz. jar of La Victoria Salsa Verde to make it even easier.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating12 people
wow! Pieclare I can taste this now great post make like real soon thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yum Yum Yum :)donman in Hammond loved it
WOW so good sounding!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it