Cranberry White Chocolate cookiesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 8 ounces) unsalted butter, very soft shopping list
- 1 cup (7 1/2 ounces) packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon orange oil (4 to 5 drops) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups (11 5/8 ounces)King Arthur Unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) white chocolate chunks shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (5 1/4 ounces) dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup (3 3/4 ounces) chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Place the very soft (soft unto melting) butter in a medium-large mixing bowl. Add the sugars, salt, vanilla, and orange oil, and stir well. Add the egg and stir until well blended. Add the baking soda and flour, mixing until blended. Stir in the chips, cranberries, and nuts.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough (a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here) onto light-colored baking sheets. Flatten into disks, using gentle pressure from your fingers.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 375°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned; the tops shouldn't brown. Remove the cookies from the oven, let them rest on the pan for 5 minutes, then slide them onto a rack to cool completely
- Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen cookies
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating10 people
Dried cranberries. Yum!!!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Be still my heart! I love the King Arthur's web site..
High 5linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I like the combo of flavors!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!