Easy Old School Refrigerator PicklesFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 1 Cup Sliced (medium) pickling cucumbers shopping list
- 1 Cup Chopped Vidalia onion. shopping list
- 1 Cup Green and yellow pepper, chopped. shopping list
- 1 TBS salt shopping list
- 1 TBS celery Seed shopping list
- 1 TBS mustard seed shopping list
- A dash of red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1 Cup vinegar (i used white, but cider works too!) shopping list
- 1 Tsp alum (found in your spice aisle..must use to bind the pickles! (per MOM) shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan, add the vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, mustard seed. Red pepper flakes too if you use them.
- Heat on low until warm.
- In a large bowl add the sliced pickles.
- Sprinkle the alum over the pickles.
- Combine the onion and peppers to the pickle slices and toss.
- In a Large glass jar, add the vegetable mixture.
- Add the liquid into the jar.
- Make sure top is on tight and shake, shake ,shake!
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- I doubled this recipe and made three 26 oz jars!
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating6 people
Thank you so much for the pickle recipe! It all sounds great to me!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Yep these sound good. 5 forks.henrie in Savannah loved it
I love these.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!