Shrimp EtouffeeFrom ami 5 years ago
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil (vegetable or canola) shopping list
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- Serve Etouffee over cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In large frying pan, heat oil over moderate heat until almost smoking.
- Add the flour and whisk until it's the color of peanut butter, about 3 mins.
- Whisk in the broth and continue whisking until the roux starts to thicken, about 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the bell pepper, celery, onions, salt, cayenne, black pepper and thyme. Drop in the bay leaf.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until the vegetables are tender, about 15-20 mins.
- Add the shrimp and scallions, simmer until the shrimp are done, about 3 mins.
- *You may substitute 1-2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken for the shrimp.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookami Noblesville, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!