Italian LadyfingersFrom carmine92207 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper, buttered wax paper, or silpat.
- Prepare a pastry bag or cookie press with a 1/2-inch plain tube.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the egg yolks, 1/3 cup of sugar, and vanilla.
- Whisk on medium speed until very light and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with the salt until they hold a soft peak.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and whisk in the remaining sugar.
- The egg whites should now have a soft, shiny peak.
- Remove from the mixer.
- Gently fold in the yolk mixture.
- Sift the flour into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the flour, making sure that the flour is evenly distributed.
- Fill the pastry bag with some of the batter.
- Pipe 3-1/2 inch strips about 1-1/2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar (optional)
- Bake the ladyfingers for about 15 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove them, still on the paper, to a wire rack to cool.
- When completely cool, remove them from the paper and enjoy