Lemon Cream N Prosciutto Penne PastaFrom victoriaregina 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 3 large shallots, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 12 ounces penne pasta shopping list
- 12 thin slices prosciutto shopping list
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Simmer over medium-high heat until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon peel, orange peel, and cayenne.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add peas; simmer just until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in mint and lemon juice.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until 'al dente', stirring occasionally.
- Drain; return pasta to pot.
- Toss pasta with sauce to coat.
- Divide pasta among plates or bowls.
- Drape prosciutto slices on top pasta and serve, passing Parmesan separately.
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating12 people
"ooh-so-delicious" is right. This is really nice. It could even be tricked out by switching the prosciutto for a shellfish. Thank U lots! High 5linebb956 in La Feria loved it
High 5 yummy!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I'm a die-hard pasta lover... and this particular recipe has me intrigued! This is a MUST TRY for me...and I already know my family and I will love it!
High 5 and thanks for sharing!
=)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it