Slow cooker pulled porkFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 3 to 3-1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder, Trim fat shopping list
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1, 12-ounce bottle chili sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from a 3 to 3-1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder. If necessary, cut pork to fit a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Place pork, 1 cup chopped sweet onion, and 6 cloves garlic, minced in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1, 12-ounce bottle chili sauce, 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Pour over pork in cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker, reserving juices. Using two forks, shred pork; discarding any fat
- Skim fat from juices. Add enough juices to the pork to moisten.
- Place 2-cup portions of pork in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Makes 6 cups.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Good stuff to be put into this pork! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Great Post Peeta!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Fantastic! Bookmarked and printed! Thanks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!