Easy CiabattaFrom annieamie 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix the warm water with the yeast.
- Add the flour and the salt and stir until you all of the flour is worked into the water.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let this sit in a warm place for one hour. (Watch the dough if you didn't use a large enough bowl.)
- After one hour, remove plastic wrap and stir down the dough.
- Sprinkle a handful of flour (about 1/4 cup) on to your counter and turn the bowl upside down over the flour, letting the dough fall on to the flour.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dough over itself four times and cut the dough in half.
- If the dough is too sticky to move, sprinkle it with more flour until you can roll the dough on your counter into a baguette about 12-15 inches long.
- Place the loaf of dough on to a pan covered with foil.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough and place on foil.
- Let the dough rise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees 15 minutes before the hour.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Check the dough by removing from the oven and turning it over to see if the bottom has browned. If you tap on the dough and it sounds hollow, its done.
- Remove dough from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating11 people
i love this bread thanks annieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
And to think I just bought ciabatta rolls today! What a great post!m2googee in Tomball loved it
great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers187 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
A Pizza Place118 members
Cheap N Easy53 members
Yeasty Beasties7 members