Middle Eastern SweetsFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup semolina flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rose water shopping list
- 25 blanched almond halves for garnish shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rose water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together semolina, baking powder, 2 cups of sugar, and chopped almonds until evenly blended.
- Stir in yogurt, vegetable oil, and rose water until a soft dough forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Press the dough into a 9x9 inch square baking dish, and smooth the top.
- Score the top of the dough to create 25 squares, then top each square with an almond half.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top has puffed and turned golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- The harisseh is done when the top is golden, and the center has firmed.
- When done, remove from the oven, and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- While the harisseh is cooling, pour water and 2 cups of sugar into a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of rose water, and lemon juice, then remove from the heat.
- To serve, cut the warm harisseh into 25 squares, and place onto a large serving platter; pour the rose water syrup over, making sure all of the pieces are moist.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
it sounds really good thanks midgeminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thanks, Midgelet. I love the different and interesting recipes you post!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere48 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
International Baking67 members