Fried Green Tomatoes With Crabmeat RemouladeFrom hot_it_up 5 years ago
- Remoulade: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons creole mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (green part only) shopping list
- salt, freshly ground black pepper, and hot sauce, to taste shopping list
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage shopping list
- Fried Green Tomatoes: shopping list
- 2 pounds green tomatoes, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil for deep-frying shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 cups baby salad greens shopping list
How to make it
- Directions for Remoulade:
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, onions, parsley, and green onions in a bowl and stir to blend. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Add the crabmeat and gently toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate.
- Directions for Green Tomatoes:
- Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Put the flour in a shallow bowl and the cornmeal in another shallow bowl. Combine the buttermilk and eggs in another bowl. Dredge the tomatoes first in the flour, coating evenly on both sides, and shaking off any excess flour.
- Then dip them in the egg and buttermilk mixture, coating evenly. Then dredge them in the cornmeal, coating evenly and shaking off any excess cornmeal. Add the tomatoes, 3 or 4 at a time, to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining tomatoes. To assemble, arrange equal amounts of the greens in the center of 6 salad plates. Top with fried green tomatoes slices and the crabmeat mixture. Serve immediately.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating8 people
Sounds wonderful. (Great combo. Wouldn't have thought to pair the two together.) Thanks for another winner.californiacook in loved it
Now that's good stuff!victoriaregina in USA loved it
Sound very very good! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!