Chocolate Caramel Layer SquaresFrom mrsc543 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine caramels and 1/2 cup evaporated milk in the top of a double boiler. Cook until caramels are melted. Stir often. Remove from heat.
- Combine dry cake mix, remaining milk and margarine.
- Mix with an electric mixer until dough holds together.
- Stir in nuts.
- Press 1/2 cake mixture into greased 9"x12" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips over crust.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips and spread evenly.
- Crumble remaining cake mixture over caramel and return to oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on rack and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- hot_it_up Columbiana, AL
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- mbeards2 Omaha, NE
- a1patti Salem, MA
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating11 people
You get a five, but line 7 looks complicated.;)
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
OMG !!! NO WAY!!! i love anything caramel you hit my buttons here lol.........yummmmm whats better than caramel and chocolate !!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great post wonderful recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it