Tavern Style Pickled EggsFrom fishtrippin 6 years ago
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. mixed picking spice shopping list
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. pickling salt shopping list
- 2 cups white vinegar shopping list
- 1 glass quart jar with lid shopping list
How to make it
- Combine vinegar and salt in a sauce pan and heat until salt is completely dissolved.
- Layer eggs, onions and spices in jar.
- Pour hot vinegar carefully over eggs. ( cover eggs completely, adding cold vinegar if necessary. )
- Place lid on jar and allow to come to room temperature.
- Refridgerate for 4 days before using.
- Note: I usually make a big Vlasic pickle jar full (2 qt.- 1 pt.) using 2 dozen eggs. You may have extra brine, just save it for next time.
- Using red onions turns the egss pale pink.
The Cookfishtrippin Estelline, SD
The Rating5 people
Love those old pickled eggs i used to have long ago in tavern myself high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I posted similar a while ago and know these are good!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I will make these for my husband. He LOVES pickled eggs! Thanks, ^5!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!