Baked Gnocchi With Tomato and BasilFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb vacuum-packed gnocchi (see note) shopping list
- 1 onion,chopped fine shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 928 oz) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Ad just oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees Heat 2 Tbs oil in large heatproof non-stickskillet over med-high heat until shimmering. Cook gnocchi,stirring occasionally until lightly browned,about 4 mins;transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil and onion to empty skillet and cook till onion softened,about 3 mins. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant,about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and water and cook until slightly thickened,about 5 mins,.
- Add basil and gnocchi to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer,stirring occasionally untilgnocchi is tender,5 to 7 mins. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake till cheese is well browned,about 8 mins. Serve
- Note: The partially cooked ,vacuum-packed gnocchi found in pasta aisle works best her but refrigerated or frozen gnocchi can also be used.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Love gnocchi and this version sounds fantastic. Great post my friend and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Ya. My Mothe's Gnocchi's will go well with this recipe. I will try this.
5 from me.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Great post Pat! Can't wait to try this one.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it