Oysters Johnny RebFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 quart of oysters, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced parsley shopping list
- 1 vidalia or mild onion of choice, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (careful here oysters are salty enough) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or chipotle powder, may use less shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup of good quality butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup of whole milk, please don't use skim shopping list
- several generous shakes of tabasco or hot sauce of choice shopping list
- I like "Slap my ass and Call me Sally" from Tijuania Flats shopping list
- I practically killed my guests when I used a dash too much of Dave's Insanity sauce. I don't recommend this if you love your friends. shopping list
How to make it
- Butter one quart shallow casserole (I use a double layer of disposable aluminum pans when cooking on the grill).
- Put in one layer of oysters.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the onion, pinch of salt, pepper of choice and sprinkle of lemon juice and half of the bread crumbs.
- Dot with half the butter.
- Repeat layer.
- Cover the top with bread crumbs and dot generously with butter.
- Pour milk over all, making sure milk touches all the oysters.
- I cover the pan with foil and rotate often peeking frequently to make sure I'm not burning anything when cooked over the coolest part of the coals. I remove the foil for the last 10 minutes or so.
- Otherwise bake in 325 degrees for thirty minutes until bubbly and browned.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!