Barbados Beef StewFrom dianartimus 7 years ago
- 4lbs lean boneless chuck shopping list
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4T flour shopping list
- 2 large diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large chopped onion shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- 1t celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 t ginger shopping list
- 1/4 t pepper1/3 c red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 c unsulphured molasses shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 6 carrots peeled & sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c raisins shopping list
- 4 c hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, heavy Dutch oven add olive oil, beef and sprinkle with the flour and brown on medium high heat.
- When meat is browned, add tomatoes, onion, spices, molasses, vinegar and water.
- Cover and bring stew to a boil, then turn heat down to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and raisins and continue to simmer for another hour till meat is fork tender.
- Serve in large bowls over hot cooked white rice and enjoy!
- Goes well with a nice cold Merlot!
The Cookdianartimus Highland, CA
The Rating8 people
have to try ithungrybear in Miner loved it
Another one that sound very good!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Wonderful sounding recipe. Very rich flavors.joe1155 in Munchen loved it