Creole Bread Pudding And Whiskey SauceFrom thenewagecook 6 years ago
- ½ cup of packed brown shopping list
- sugar ½ cup of white sugar ½ stick of butter (melted) 1 tsp of ground cinnamon ½ tsp of ground nutmeg 1 Tblsp of vanilla 4 - 5 eggs (slightly beaten) 3 cups of milk 14 (1” thick) slices of day of French bread 1 cup of crumbled pecan pieces (optional) shopping list
- whiskey Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar 1 tsp of cornstarch 1 Tblsp of cold water ¼ stick of butter shopping list
- 1½ cup of heavy cream or milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniels, bourbon, Southern Comfort or just rum. shopping list
- Combine all ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, serve on top of each piece of pudding. shopping list
How to make it
- (Preheat oven to 350F.) In a large bowl, blend sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Then whisk in eggs, milk and vanilla and wire whisk well.
- Add the bread and mix all the ingredients, stir in the melted butter.
- Lightly spray or butter a 9x13x2-baking pan and stir in the mixture in evenly, then top with the nuts if using.
- Bake uncovered for 30 - 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled with warm Whiskey Sauce on top.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookthenewagecook Miami, FL
The Rating10 people
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
I found that letting the bread mixture soak overnight or for 4 to 6 hours before baking, works really well.dmajor in Slidell loved it
YUM!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!