Tangerine Cupcakes with Coconut FrostingFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooking oil shopping list
- 2-1/3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded tangerine or orange peel shopping list
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange tangerine blend concentrate, or orange juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Line 30 muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks, buttermilk, the 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the cooking oil; set aside. In another bowl stir together cake flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar and the peel. Alternately add flour mixture and egg-buttermilk mixture stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Add the thawed concentrate; mix until just combined.
- 3. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed. (Cupcakes will dip slightly in centers). Cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely before frosting.
- 4. For frosting, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 6 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with flaked coconut.
- Makes 30 cupcakes.
- 5. Tip: If you don't have 30 muffin cups, chill batter while your first batch of cupcakes bake. Wash pans; bake remaining batter as directed above.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
I'd like to visit you during the holidays! What a great array of goodies you make. This is another great post.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Your recipes are tugging at my heart!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
These sound yummy!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!