Cherry Fudge BarsFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup sugar ( Reserve 1 Tablespoon ) shopping list
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 -oz dried cherries shopping list
- 2/3 cup low-fat ( 1.5% ) buttermilk shopping list
- ½ Tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Adjust oven racks to divide oven in thirds. Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8” square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2)In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir in cherries.
- 3)In another small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until blended. Spread in prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved sugar and bake in upper third of oven for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center is covered with very moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan before cutting into 16 equal bars.
- 4)If a topping is wanted use a light frosting piped in stripe design over each bar and garnished with chopped maraschino cherries.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories per serving: 97, Fat 0, Sodium: 48mg, Carbohydrate: 16g
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Sound goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
good post...did you know there is a weight watchers group on here?.. fivepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Very good! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it