Lavender Oil - How To MakeFrom tuilelaith 6 years ago
How to make it
- Fill your first empty jar with lavender stems and flowers that have been lightly crushed. You can find the crushed lavender at a local health food store or herb/flower shop.
- Pour enough almond or olive oil to fill the jar. Keep the jar closed and stored in a cool, dry place for a month so it can steep.
- Shake up the jar every day to mix up and activate the natural lavender essence. This will ensure that the lavender steeps evenly in the oil.
- After one month, use a strainer and empty the contents of the jar into a clean jar. Smell the oil to make sure it has a lavender aroma.
- Use your homemade lavender oil in your bath, in an oil diffuser or for a relaxing massage. Small amounts can also be applied to your temples or wrists when you have a headache or want to smell like fresh lavender flowers.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating10 people
this is a beautiful recipe post! I love lavendar!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Thank you...thank you...thank you!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Another lavender lover. Thanks for sharing.californiacook in loved it