Blackberry Balsamic Chicken BreastsFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 (about 4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot, (or onion) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pinot noir wine, (or another red wine or if you don't drink use chicken broth) shopping list
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry jam shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle the thyme leaves over the top of each breast, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the breasts, herb side down and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the shallots to the pan and saute for one minute. Add the wine (or broth) stirring to scrape up any brown bits; simmer until the wine is reduced by half. Add the jam and vinegar and simmer until the preserves melt. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the breasts and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating6 people
Love this!!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I missed this when you posted it. Love balsamic, blackberries and wine! :) Bookmarking this.frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
I was all set to make this tonight then realized I had no chicken breasts - so I used thighs. I had to increase the chicken cooking time (of course) and I left about one TBS of fat in the pan after the chicken cooked. The sauce was so delicious! I ...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!