PUMPKIN CRESCENT ROLLSFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- ngredients: shopping list
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 ½ cups warm water Temp. ( 110 to 115 ) shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups cooked or canned pumpkin shopping list
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 4 ½ to 5 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven at 400.
- 2)In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the pumpkin, butter, sugar, eggs, salt and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 -8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3)Punch dough down.. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into three portions. Roll each portion into a 12-inch circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.
- 4)Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 400 for 12 – 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yields: 3 dozen.
- Serving size: 1 roll
- Calories per serving: 134, Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 161mg, Carbohydrate: 23g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 ½ starch, ½ fat
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Very nice Ed!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
WOW! Ed these sound fantastic! gonna put in my keeper and try file at home thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it