Beef Cheddar and Potato PieFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 2 carrots,cut into 1/4" cubes shopping list
- 1 large onion,cut into 1/4" cubes shopping list
- 2 stalks celery,cut in 1/4' cubes shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large baking potato,peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes shopping list
- 1/2 c dark beer shopping list
- 8 oz. shreeded cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry,thawed but cold shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk,beaten with 1 Tbs water. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In skillet,combine beef,carrots,onion,celery,and potato and cook,breaking up meat,over med-high heat till beef is cooked through and some liquid has evaporated,about 15 mins. Lower heat to med,add beer and cook 10 mins. Add the cheese,2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Let cool.
- On floured surface,roll 1 puff pastry sheet into 12" round. Place in 10' skillet or deep pie dish. Roll remaining puff pastry sheet to 11" round. Using slotted spoon,transfer meat mixture to the skillet. Lightly brush the edge of the crust with some of the egg wash,then place the second sheet on top. press the edges to seal,then trim to 1/2" edge.
- Place the pie on baking sheet. Brush the top with mor of the egg wash and cut an X into the pastry Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Bake for 45 mins,tenting with foil if crust darkens too quickly. Transfer to rack to cool for 15 mins.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
I'd love a meat and cheese pie! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Sound very good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it