Caramelized Garlic Cheese SpreadFrom mrsc543 6 years ago
- 2 tsp Land O' Lakes butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup Land O' Lakes butter, softened shopping list
- 8 oz (2 cups) Land O' Lakes sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Coating: shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely crushed cheese-flavored bite-sized crackers shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 1 medium bell pepper with stem shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 2 tsp butter in small skillet until sizzling; add garlic and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until garlic just starts to brown (3 to 5 minutes). Immediately remove from heat.
- Combine garlic mixture and all remaining spread ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Shape cheese mixture into a pumpkin shape with hands.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place crushed crackers into a large shallow pie plate. Roll cheese ball into crackers; press evenly to coat. Place on serving dish.
- Create a stem for the top of the pumpkin from bell pepper slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to blend flavors. Just before serving; score vertical lines on pumpkin with knife.
- Serve with crackers and vegetables.
- Tip: Cut remaining bell pepper to serve with the cheese spread.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating4 people
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
nice presentation on this as well as great flavor combo..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
The perfectly flavored "Pumpkin" spread. Great idea as a party gift during the holidays. Thank you for bringing it here. High Forks & Bookmarked.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it