Coconut Jam CakeFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 pkg(2 layer size) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 pkg(7 oz) flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 c strawberry jam shopping list
- 1 tub(8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping ,thawed shopping list
- 1/2 c apricot jam shopping list
- sliced fresh strawberries shopping list
- canned apricot halves,drained shopping list
- fresh mint leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on pkg for 2 (9") round cake layers,gently stirring 1 c of the coconut into batter just before pouring in pans. Cool 10 mins;remove from pans. Cool completely on racks.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate;spread top with strawberry jam. Spread 3/4 c of whipped topping over jam;top with second cake layer. Spread top of cake with apricot jam. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped topping. pat remaining coconut onto the sides of cake. Garnish with fruit and mint,if desired,just before servong. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 5
- bonnisu Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- mrsc543 North Reading, MA
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
Sounds wonderful...I was going to bake something and now I know it will be this cake! Printing it as I type! Thanks for sharing and a high five to you!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
So fruity bet it is delicious.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
cake , coconut, and apricots WOW five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it