Thai Spicy NoodlesFrom image 7 years ago
- 1/2 pkg. spaghetti noodles, about 1 inch bundle (I like the thin spaghettini) shopping list
- 1 T cornstarch shopping list
- 1 T each fish sauce and freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper or 2 tsp. chopped pickled peppers shopping list
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c baby carrots shopping list
- 4 oz snow peas or sugar snap peas shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. bottled minced ginger or 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 10 oz chicken broth shopping list
- 2-3 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain but do not rinse.
- In small bowl, stir cornstarch wtih fish sauce, lime juice and sugar until dissolved. Slice chicken into thin strips. Core and seed jalapeno, then finely chop. Chop red pepper. Slice baby carrots in half. Peel and discard strings from snow peas.
- Lightly coat a large saucepan with oil and add chicken, ginger, jalapeno, garlic. Stir often until chicken is light brown, 3-4 min. Pour in chicken broth. Using wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in any brown bits from pan bottom. Stir in cornstarch mixture, then pour into pan. Stir until well mixed. Add red pepper, carrots and snow peas. Sprinkle with curry. Stir often until snow peas are bright green and suace bubbles, 3 min. Add noodles and stir constantly until hot, 1 min. Remove from heat and stir in onions. Serve with lime wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookimage Halifax, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!