TOASTED OATMEAL COOKIESFrom linebb956 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups raw rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup sifted flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375
- In medium skillet, over medium heat, heat the butter until lightly brown..DO NOT BURN
- Saute oats stiring constantly until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool
- Meanwhile, sift flour with cinnamon, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, egg and vanilla.
- with a wooden spoon or portable mixer at medium until light and fluffy.
- Stir in rolled oats and flour mixture until well combined.
- Drop by slightly rounded teaspoonfull, 3 inches apart onto non greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden .
- Remove to wire rack, cool.
- Makes about 4 dozen