German PancakeFrom zhiannablu 7 years ago
How to make it
- Butter a heavy 10" oven proof skillet (cast iron)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with a fork to blend.
- Slowly add flour, beating constantly.
- Stir in salt and milk.
- Pour the batter into the skillet & drop the butter by teaspoonfuls into the batter, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 mins.
- Reduce heat to 350 degreesand bake another 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and sift powdered sugar over the top.
- Serve with heated maple syrup!
People Who Like This Dish 124
The Cookzhiannablu Pasadena, CA
The Rating18 people
These are just the best breakfast treat ever (I grew up on pop-overs, and the pancake is so much easier!). I like to drizzle some honey or pure maple syrup over it - and bondc's apple suggestion would be excellent, too. Great post - great picture!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
mmmmm great post!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
yumm yummm yummy! i give it 5.mitzychocolatelover in Malolos loved it