Almond Joy CandyFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In top of double boiler, combine condensed milk, chocolate and salt.
- Cook over rapidly boiling water; stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes, or till until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut.
- Form cookies by dropping teaspoons of mixture on well greased baking sheet, 1" apart.
- Top each with a whole almond.
- Bake on middle sheet of oven for 10-12 minutes, watching cookie carefully after 8-9 minutes,as the bottom can get to brown.
- Immediately remove cookies from pan with metal spatula and cool on wax paper covered rack.
- These taste a bit like the chocolate bars; hence the name.
- They freeze well.
- I was wondering if I could hold out the chocolate, bake the cookies, then dip them in chocolate!?! They would be more like the candy bar then!!! Maybe!
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating6 people
Today is one of those days that I wish I could have this for B'fast:)
5ved & Bookmarked.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
yum...my favorite candy...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
It good!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it