chocolate and passion fruit Profiterole cakeFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- 40-50 puff pastry profiteroles (same recipe of éclairs) shopping list
- 1 20cm chocolate fudge cake layer shopping list
- passion fruit mousse: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups passion fruit puree shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon gelatin dissolved in 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 3 cups heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 cup sugar (for the caramel sauce) shopping list
- chocolate ganache layer: shopping list
- 8 ounces (227 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate cut into small pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Passion mousse
- In a saucepan, heat the passion fruit puree, orange juice, and sugar until dissolved.
- Add the gelatin to the hot juice and stir to melt and combine. Strain the liquid into a bowl and place it over an ice bath. Stir it constantly with a rubber spatula and when it just starts to set, fold in the whipped cream.
- Chocolate ganache
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel bowl. Set aside. Heat the cream and butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth and set aside until thickened
- Stirring occasionally.
- Place the chocolate fudge layer in a loose bootom springform pan. Fill all of the profiteroles with the passion mousse using a piping bag fitted with a small rounded nozzle. Heat the 1 cup sugar on a medium heat until caramelized and golden in color. Carefully dip profiteroles one by one in the caramel and start arranging them all around the pan. Fill the center with the rest of the passion mousse and dip in 3-4 profiteroles. Chill for 2 hours until set and then fill with the chocolate ganache. End with another 3-4 profiteroles on the top. Chill.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- berry Riverside, Ca
- chefmal Brooklyn, NY
- cholena Food World, Sin
- magali777 Mexico, MX
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- victoriaregina USA, VA
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- shecooks4u Phoenix, AZ
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating12 people
What do I think? I think I would love to be there so I could buy one. Passion fruit is one fruit I will order from Melissa's as it is so special. Your dessert will be at my Christmas dinner.
Thank you for another 'extreme' recipe, my frien...morevictoriaregina in USA loved it
Ahmed...my friend it is so good to see you posting your wonderful recipes again... I know you must be very busy with your pastry store and with your family so it makes your posts even more special.. five forks...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Hi Ahmed! The idea of using profiteroles to form the "shell" of the cake is a brilliant idea! The cake sounds delicious. It should be a big seller in your store! If not, I'm sure that many of us here on Group Recipes would buy the cake!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it