Grandma Burtons Cornbread DressingFrom dmajor 4 years ago
- 6 slices white bread, torn into small pieces shopping list
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crumbled shopping list
- 8 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can chicken noodle soup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 3 cups cooked cornbread, crumbled shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 boiled eggs(optional) chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In medium skillet or pot, saute onions and celery in butter until jut tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crackers, bread pieces, and cornbread.
- Add onion mixture, soups, and chicken stock and mix well.
- Stir in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Stir in eggs and let sit for 5 minutes while you preheat oven to 350..
- Pour mixture into greased or buttered casserole dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes.