Oven Slow Cook SalmonFrom hungrybear 7 years ago
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 navel oranges, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large or 2 small fresh fennel bulbs, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3-4 sprigs fresh tarragon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Assorted garnishes such as crème fraiche, sliced oranges or fresh herbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat to 250F. Lightly brush salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Grab a baking pan big enough to hold all fillets in single layer. Make a bed on the pan by layering the onions, fennel and two of the sliced oranges. Place the salmon fillets on the bed and tuck in the tarragon sprigs.
- Bake for 30 minutes. (If you’re cooking more than 4 fillets, just add another 2 minutes per additional filet.) To test for doneness, stick a sharp paring knife in, if it goes in and out, its done.
- Top with whatever finishing herbs, spices or ingredients you’ve chosen. After cooking, the salmon is going to look almost exactly the same as when you first put it in. Don’t worry, after 30 minutes in the oven it will be cooked.
- Dress up your salmon however you like.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating8 people
Yum!Five to you!chefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Lovely recipe! My favourite fish, caan't get enough ways to cook it.
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
Much better than my sister's dry-tasting salmon HA-HA, GREAT recipe Eric, enjoy your day! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!