CRANBERRY PEAR PIEFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- pastry for single-crust pie ( 9-inch ) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup maple syrup or ( Diabetic use sugar-free maple syrup ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted or ( Diabetic use margarine ) shopping list
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- ½ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar or ( Diabetic Twins or Splenda brown sugar substitute ) shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed or ( Diabetic use margarine ) shopping list
- ½ cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, syrup and butter until smooth. Add the pears cranberries; toss to coat. Spoon into crust. For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; out in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts,Sprinkle over filling.
- Cover edges of crust loosely with foil to prevent over browning. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350. Remove foil; bake 35 – 40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Serve this with ice cream or whipped topping. Yields: 6-8 servings.
- You can make this with a double crust and the pears can be replaced by apples.
- Serving size is 1 slice
- NOTE: No nutritional vales. To calculate read this nutrition panels on all the ingredients add each value and divide by 6 or 8.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
very nice!High 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
This sure looks meaty and delicious. I didn't know there was a Splenda brown sugar substitute. Good news. Thanks so much.tablescape in loved it
Sound very goodhungrybear in Miner loved it