Double Decker Pumpkin BreadFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1/2- of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 -cup sugar shopping list
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1 -egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- 3- cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2- teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2- teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1- teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1- teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2- cups sugar shopping list
- 4- eggs shopping list
- 1 -15-ounce can pumpkin shopping list
- 1 -cup cooking oil shopping list
- 1/3- cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottoms and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add sour cream and the 1 egg; beat until combined.
- Stir in the crystallized ginger; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, the ground ginger, the nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups sugar, the 4 eggs, the pumpkin, oil, and water.
- Beat on low speed until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
- Spoon 1-1/2 cups of the pumpkin batter into each of the prepared pans.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between pans, spreading evenly. Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter onto cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight before slicing.
- Store any leftover bread in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Makes 32 servings.
- enjoy yummm
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
Ohhhhhhh this looks soooooooooo gooooooood Tink.
Thank you for sharing this 5 FORK winner!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Oh yeah!!! anything pumpkin and double!! Oh this blue=eyed 'CAT' will be making to munch all by her self:) After all I need sumthin' to soak up all that wonderful green-eyed blonde in me:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
BTW HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! for the double decker pumpkin bread:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!