Fall apart Pork LoinFrom kellybelly27 5 years ago
- 1 apple, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (not minced) shopping list
- 1 pork loin, your choice (doesnt have to be spectacular) shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp dried parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper (sea salt preferrably) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (i did a small box of swansons) shopping list
- 3 tbsp grape jelly (weird I know, but it replaces the need for sugar) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In an appropriate dish, lay out your pork loin. Top with the chopped garlic and then the sliced apple. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan melt butter on medium heat. Add chopped onion. Let saute for about 15 minutes or until onions are soft and take a nice carmel color.
- 3. Add flour, parsley, salt and pepper to onion and butter. Let cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup chicken broth (reserve remaining to thin sauce out if needed.) Stir occassionally to keep from burning.
- 4. Add grape jelly and stir until well combined. (if sauce is too thick, add remaining broth at this time)
- 5. Pour sauce over pork loin gently to avoid displacing apples and garlic.
- 6. Let cook in a 300F oven for 3 hours covered tightly with foil. After the 3 hour mark remove foil occassionally to spoon sauce over loin. Recover after each spooning to avoid drying out. After 4 hours, remove foil completely and let cook for an additional hour, still spoon sauce over loin about every 10 minutes.
- 7. Remove from oven at 5 hours and let rest in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Hope you like it!
The Cookkellybelly27 McKinney, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!