GF Apple CrispFrom kchan 8 years ago
- FILLING shopping list
- 3-4 Braeburn (or similiar) apples, peeled, sliced into 1/4" thick slices shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons to 1/4 c. white sugar or turbinado sugar (to taste) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/8 c. brown sugar (to taste) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons (more or less) GF flour mix - depending on juiciness of the apples shopping list
- . shopping list
- CRISP TOPPING shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons butter, slightly softened shopping list
- 1/3 c. GF quick oats, roughly ground almonds & walnuts, or quinoa flakes shopping list
- 1/4 c. GF flour mix shopping list
- 2-3 Tablespoons white sugar (to taste) shopping list
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar (to taste) shopping list
- optiona: ground cinnamon (1 tsp) and freshly ground nutmeg (1 tsp) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Peel and slice apples into thin slices (1/4").
- Put into a medium bowl and sprinkly with lemon juice. Mix.
- Add sugars, flour and cinnamon.
- Mix together very well.
- Pour into medium (for thin) or small (for deep) baking dish.
- Put softened butter into the same bowl where you mixed the apples.
- Add oats (or other option), flour and sugars and "squish" together well until crumbly.
- Pour and crumble over apples in baking dish evenly.
- Bake for 23-30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving (5-10 minutes).
- Serve over all natural GF vanilla ice cream.