Turkish Deep Fried Mussels With Walnut SauceFrom bonzaichef 7 years ago
- NUT SAUCE shopping list
- 1 cup (4 0z / 125g) walnuts shopping list
- 1 tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (3 oz / 90g) fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup (3fl oz / 80ml) olive oil shopping list
- 3 tbs red or white wine vinegar shopping list
- salt & fresh ground pepper shopping list
- mussels shopping list
- Roughly 40 mussels shopping list
- 1 cup (8 fl oz / 250) water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (70z / 250g) plain flour shopping list
- peanut or sunflour oil for deep-frying shopping list
How to make it
- Soak 10 wooden skewers in water. Preheat oven to 350 degF. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet & toast in the oven for roughly 10mins. Leave to cool. In a blender add, Walnuts, bread crumbs, garlic & pulse. Add the olive oil, vinegar & puree until smooth. If the mix need to be thinned down then just add a drop of water. Add salt & pepper to taste &more vinegar depending on what suits you.
- Scrub your mussels under cold water. Pour 1 inch of water in your frying( saute ) pan & add the mussels. Place on a high heat & cook for about 3-4mins until the mussels open. Discard any that have not opened. Revove the mussels from their shells. Take your Skewers & thread 3-4 mussels on each skewer, depending on size.
- In a bowl shallow enough to dip your skewered mussles combine the water & flour to make a thin batter.
- In a deep frying pan add your oil & bring to a deep- frying heat.
- In batches, add your skewered mussels & fry for about 2-3mins until golden all over.
- Serve with the nut sauce
- ADDED NOTE: Please excuse me if I have translated any of the measures wrong here, I'm not used to using 'cup' measures in the uk. Cheers! ALSO..If you want to replace the water with wine, this is totally fine, but I do find the nut sauce is enough for flavour:-))