ORANGE TEA CAKEFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 7 eggs, Separated shopping list
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 ½ cups sugar, divided or sugar substitute, divided shopping list
- 6 Tbs. orange juice shopping list
- 4 ½ tsp. Grated orange peel shopping list
- ¾ tsp. confectioners' sugar or substitute shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Mix flour and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add ½ cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Blend in orange juice and peel. Add dry ingredients to yolk mixture; mix well.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks from and sugar is dissolved. Fold a fourht of egg whites into the batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into an un-greased 10-inch tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350 for 30 – 35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around sides of cake and remove to a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 211, Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 124mg, Sodium: 135mg, Carbohydrate: 40g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 6g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 ½ starch
- NOTE: This is Diabetic Friendly, Gastric Friendly, and for anyone.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating13 people
You are really taking care of myy sweet tooth and my waistline! Thanks!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
Oh man, I sure could use a slice of this with my hot coffee, I woke up with a 'sweet tooth' HI! U make and I'll bring the 'coffee':) HA! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Thank-you for sharing this delicious
"5"FORK!!!!! recipe~ It reminds me of
the Orange Cake my Mother made and served
many years ago!
~Photo 'FLAGGED'!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it