Spicy Green BeansFrom zereh 5 years ago
- 2 T soy sauce shopping list
- 1 T white vinegar shopping list
- 2 T sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes (I used more) shopping list
- 2 T oil (I used peanut, canola or vegetable would work as well) shopping list
- 3/4-lb green beans shopping list
- 4 scallions shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 t Sriracha shopping list
How to make it
- Have everything ready when you start!
- Combine soy, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes and whisk until combined.
- Heat skillet over med-high to high heat until very hot. (So hot that an 1/8th teaspoon of water forms a single little puddle and begins to immediately evaporate. If the water breaks into little beads when it hits the pan it isn't quite hot enough. This is also the best way to tell if your pan is hot enough to start braising meat .... sorry, I rambled there)
- Toss oil into pan and swirl to cover. Add the green beans. Cook until crunchy-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds or so. Don't worry about keeping them pretty, we're worried about taste here. =P
- Add the scallion. Cook about four minutes more.
- Add the garlic and stir constantly for about 10 seconds, or until it smells delicious.
- Quickly add the sauce mixture. Cook 20 seconds more and serve piping hot.
The Cookzereh Redmond, WA
The Rating6 people
Sounds great - thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Sound like a high 5 rating is due to me!! don't know why peoples click less than a five if a recipes is good!! they need to stop! or we need GR to drop the ratings and make people give a opinion instead of forks rating! that way we know why it would ...morecuzpat in Sikeston loved it
sounds really good - next time at the store will look to see if we have sriracha sauce......and will give it a whirl - thanks...Steveslogan in North loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!