Summer Stir-FryFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup salted water shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry bulgur wheat shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded savoy cabbage shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 3-4 florets each broccoli and cauliflower, chopped shopping list
- 1 1-cm slice vidalia onion, diced shopping list
- 3 white mushrooms, sliced fairly thin shopping list
- Good pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- about 2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 plum tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup or so low-sodium teriyaki sauce shopping list
- Few dashes worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Bring salted water to boil in a small pot. Add bulgur wheat and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Cover pot, remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam cabbage, garlic, broccoli and cauliflower 6 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, spray with cooking spray.
- Add onion and saute until golden.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper flakes and garlic powder and cook, stirring, until everything begins to brown and become very fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add steamed veggies and toss together.
- Pour in teriyaki sauce and Worcestershire, toss through to coat veggies.
- Add cooked bulgur and stir to combine everything and slightly reduce sauce, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating7 people
I love dishes like this. Sometimes I just crave veggies - all veggies - and this looks and sounds like the perfect way to get a hearty, healthy and delicious meal. I have fallen in love with bulgur and use it regularly now. SO good and good for us...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members