Old Fashioned Sugar Plum CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 Cups All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2C sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 Cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 Cup dried plums, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts) shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 1 stick margarine (or butter) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp soda shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 C buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour bundt or 9×13 cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until well combined.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for one hour.- or tested done
- Just before cake is done, place all sauce ingredients into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and continue boiling gently until sauce is thickened, about two minutes.
- Remove done cake from oven and poke holes all over top with a fork.
- Pour hot sauce over hot cake.
- Allow to sit in pan until sauce is absorbed.
- Cool completely
- My note: this cakes tastes even with a sauce and I have also made with a lemon sauce on the side!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
wow luv this cake print try and save thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Hi.Five!!!!!!!Love this one too!See you after surgery,GOD WILLING!lanabade in Goshen loved it
this brings back memorieschoclytcandy in loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Family Favorites141 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Southern Sassyness71 members