Italian Ricotta CookiesFrom jaki44 7 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine (softened) shopping list
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tble. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- icing - box of conf. sugar shopping list
- milk for desired consistency shopping list
- dash vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl beat sugar and butter until blended on low speed. Increase your speed to high and beat until light and fluffy about 4 or 5 minutes. Lower speed and beat in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour (little at a time), baking powder and salt. Beat until dough forms. Dough will be very soft. Sometimes I put the dough in the refrigerator for a short time to make it easier to handle.
- Roll dough in balls and place on parchment paper on cookie sheet. Bake about 12 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Ice after cookies are completely cool. Let dry for a few hours.
- Variations - can add chocolate chips to the batter
- can sprinkle icing with coconut
- can use sprinkles on icing for Christmas or color the icing
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookjaki44 Tampa, FL
The Rating6 people
Now you post this........ Why not 2 weeks ago when I was off of my diet!floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
great post,,thank you for sharing... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!