CRISPY BAKED CHICKENFrom abbott41 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter or stick margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. seasoned salt shopping list
- 4 chicken drumsticks ( 4-oz each ) skin removed shopping list
- 4 chicken thighs ( 6-oz each ) skin removed shopping list
- ¾ cup egg substitute shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 425.
- Drizzle butter in a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, flour and seasoned salt. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in cornflake mixture. Dip again in egg substitute and roll in cornflake mixture.
- Arrange chicken in prepared dish, meatier side down. Bake, un- covered, at 425 for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 10 – 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180. Yield: 4 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly.
- Nutritional Values: One servings. 1 Drumstick and 1 thigh equals: Calories per serving: 237, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium:720mg, Carbohydrate: 15g, Protein: 21g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
The Cookabbott41 Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
I might have "simply the best fried chicken" but this looks like a great "baked fried chicken"...
Cheers - LindySez - aka - SoSousMesosousme in Santa Rosa loved it
Delicious and crispy.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Nothin' like some good chicken! Thanks!jett2whit in Union City loved it