TEX-MEX TURKEY TACOSFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground turkey shopping list
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive or canola oil shopping list
- 2 cans ( 15 -oz each ) black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 jar ( 16-oz ) salsa shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chili powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin shopping list
- 24 taco shells, warmed shopping list
- 3 cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh tomato shopping list
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large non-stick skillet coated with non-stick spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion, carrots and garlic in oil for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the turkey, beans, salsa, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, un-covered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Fill each taco shell with 1/3 cup turkey mixture. Serve with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 12 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: One serving ( 2 tacos ) 297 calories, Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 634mg, Carbohydrate: 36mg, Fiber: 9g, Protein: 14g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 ½ fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
I'm droooooooolin' ... yum!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
I got to have some now.
Artabbott41 in Boston loved it
Yum Yum Yumtablescape in loved it