Raspberry Cheese Danish BraidFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- (Makes 2 Danish braids) shopping list
- 1 recipe basic sweet dough (see below) shopping list
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, cut into ½” pieces shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup raspberry preserves (seedless) shopping list
- egg wash – 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- vanilla glaze (optional): shopping list
- ½ cup confectioners sugar, sifted shopping list
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- half n’ half shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- Basic Sweet Dough: shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons water, room temperature shopping list
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature shopping list
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into small cubes shopping list
- ¼ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- pinch of kosher salt shopping list
- 3 cups bread flour shopping list
- 2-1/4 teaspoons yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine shopping list
How to make it
- Basic Sweet Dough instructions:
- Place all ingredients, in order listed, into bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle and secure in the Cuisinart Bread Maker. Press menu to select the dough program. Press start to mix, knead and rise. For best mixing results, scrape the pan 10 to 15 minutes after the program has started.
- When cycle is completed, remove dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface, punch to deflate and let rest 10 minutes before continuing. *This dough may be used to make your favorite sweet breakfast/brunch treats
- Raspberry Cheese Danish Braid Instructions:
- Prepare basic sweet dough according to recipe. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- While dough is mixing, prepare the cream cheese filling. Place the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, egg and vanilla into a Cuisinart Food Processor fitted with the metal chopping blade. Process until completely smooth. Reserve, refrigerated until ready to use.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a rectangle approximately 14 x 10” and place each on a prepared baking sheet. Spread the cream cheese filling, evenly down the length of the center of each rectangle. Top each with the raspberry preserves. Cut 1-inch wide strips on either side of the dough, cutting from the edge of the dough to the edge of the filling. Begin braid by folding top strips together across the filling and continue with alternating strips until the bottom is reached.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover braids with a clean kitchen towel and let rise until nearly doubled. Brush with egg wash. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown and filling is set.
- While braids are baking prepare the vanilla glaze if using. Place sifted sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk the milk into mixture, a few drops at a time, until mixture becomes a consistency that can be drizzled.
- Remove braids from oven. Slide parchment and braids onto a wire rack and pull parchment out from under the braids. Allow to cool. Serve plain, dusted with confectioners’ sugar, or drizzled with vanilla glaze.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating7 people
delightful recipe! love the new cusinarts too!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Yummy post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This looks absolutely fabulous. I will be trying it out for sure. 5 big forks.brianna in loved it