Meyer Lemon Ricotta CookiesFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- Makes 4 doz. but you ca't only eat 0ne! shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- Cookies: shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest, freshly grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice shopping list
- Decorating sugar, silver dragees (small silver balls), optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, ricotta, lemon extract, zest and juice; blend well.
- Add 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt; blend to combine. Add remaining flour in two parts, blending to combine, until a dough forms.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until very light golden. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for a few minutes and transfer to wire cooling rack.
- While cookies cool, prepare glaze by creaming together butter and sugar. Continue to mix, gradually adding juice until desired consistency. Decorate cooled cookies adding dragees or decorating sugar, if desired, before icing sets.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating11 people
Lovely.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Nice, I like this one.
Artabbott41 in Boston loved it
A nice Italian Cookie.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it