My Best Carrot CakeFrom zena824 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cups canola oil shopping list
- 3/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspons vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- buttermilk Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 3oz pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Line three 9 inch round cake pans with wax paper: lightly grease and flour wax paper; set pans aside.
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.\
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in carrots and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean in middle of cakes.
- Buttermilk Glaze:
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle buttermilk glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks
- 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- You can garnish cake top with chopped pecans or walnuts.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating5 people
This is a keeper for sure!! ^5!a1patti in Salem loved it
GREAT POST, THANKS!magali777 in Mexico loved it
I cant believe i didnt see this recipe,but trust me im making it.LOL and soon 5 to you gfcaramia in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!