Chicken and Broccoli Stir FryFrom modmom50 8 years ago
- 2-3 chicken breasts,boneless shopping list
- 1/2 c picante sauce shopping list
- 2 1/2 tb soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tb water shopping list
- 1 tb cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 ts sugar or sugar substitute shopping list
- 3 tb Veg. oil (optional) shopping list
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tb ginger,(fresh if possible) shopping list
- 2 c broccoli flowerets shopping list
- 1 pepper, any color,chopped shopping list
- cooked rice (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into 1/2 - 1" cubes.
- Combine picante sauce, soy sauce, water, cornstarch, and sugar or
- sugar substitute in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 2 T oil (or spray non-stick pan with cooking spray) in
- large skillet on high heat.
- Add chicken and stir-fry
- 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- Add remaining oil (optional),onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, peppers.
- Stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are
- Add picante sauce mixture; stir-fryabout 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- Serve as is or over cooked rice.