Cooked Olive SaladFrom aussie_meat_pie 6 years ago
- 1 pound pitted brine-cured green olives, left whole or coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 1/4-inch-thick lemon slices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring medium pot of water to boil. Add olives and bring to boil. Drain olives.
- Combine tomatoes, oil, garlic and tomato paste in heavy small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes. Add water, lemon, paprika, cayenne and olives. Boil until liquid is reduced to sauce consistency, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and cool. Chill until cold. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating9 people
5 from me!tucky in Ottawa loved it
Did it again, didn't ya?elgourmand in Apia loved it
Olives should be in their own food group! Yum! Anything with olives in it, has to be good!!!!!
5 from meozsmom in Nepean loved it